Give us a call
02477 659 542
Send us an email
Got a question?
Complete our enquiry form
ConnectMe Supports unemployed and economically inactive Coventry people to address barriers from participating in the labour market, through flexible support, tailored to individual need.
Over 900 people will be supported, particularly workless residents with disabilities, people with mental health difficulties, women, people from ethnic minorities and people aged 50+.
Support is delivered through a network of specialist delivery partners, with understanding of the unique and complex barriers which deter these groups from engaging in employment focused programmes.
CU Social Enterprise CIC will enable Connect Me participants to develop their employability and enterprise skills to meet social challenges relevant to themselves through undertaking a programme based on a specially developed Toolkit.
This project is part-funded by the
European Social Fund (ESF)
The Toolkit will take them through the essentials of identifying and addressing social challenges using a social enterprise approach.
The programme will include:
- Introductory workshops that help them explore social challenges facing them
- Toolkit approach to developing viable solutions to these programmes including how to set up a social enterprise, marketing and business management
- Participants will also have access to the social enterprise city network of entrepreneurs who meet regularly to exchange best practice, provide peer support and mentoring with external invited speakers and training sessions.
- The programme will result in more confident people better equipped to enter the work place either through self-employment or employment.
What is it? How can it help me?
It is a free course that can help you:
- gain confidence and skills towards finding employment
- start up your own social enterprise
Who is it for?
Anyone who is currently out of work, working 16 hours or fewer per week or in full-time education. Further eligibility checks apply, please contact us to confirm your place.
What will I learn?
Invaluable new skills and knowledge to help you find work. If you’d like to solve problems in your community, you will learn the basics of how business operates and be provided with tools to set-up a social enterprise. Delivered over 6 sessions, learn how to make your idea a reality.
When and where is it?
From October 2017 to December 2019. At various locations around Coventry.