The Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills ICSKL3 has been created for those who would like to take the next step in training to become a counsellor, having already acquired some counselling skills.
Why choose this course?
This course is intended for those who want to take the next step in training to become a counsellor (having already acquired counselling skills) and want to learn more about counselling theory and agency work. While this counselling qualification will not by itself turn you into a counsellor, it will introduce you to counselling theory, develop your therapeutic skills and prepare you for work.
What will I learn?
This course consists of this following content:
- Preparing to work within an ethical framework for counselling
- Understanding the counselling relationship
- Understanding issues in developing empathic understanding
- Working within a user-centred approach to counselling
- Understanding theories of counselling and mental health
- Developing self-awareness in counselling practice
- Developing enhanced therapeutic skills in practice sessions
Teaching contact hours
This is a 20 week course that will be delivered on Saturdays 9am-3.30pm.
Please view our Professional Qualifications Timetable page for specific start dates.
To enrol on this course you will need to have successfully completed the Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills or have relevant work experience. All applicants must attend an interview prior to being accepted on the course.
Fees and funding
Course fee: £950
Registration, assessment and membership fees can be found on the CPACB website.
How to apply
To apply please complete the application form.
Candidate portfolio evidencing minimum assessment requirements.
Additional assessment requirements
Externally assessed written paper after watching a CPCAB DVD (under exam conditions).