Benefits of Better Futures Multi-Academy Trust
What might joining BFMAT look like for your college?
Our approach is to actively seek to maintain and develop both individual college identity and characteristics. Coventry University, through BFMAT, can offer significant benefits to member academies.
Benefits to Students
- Access to the University facilities, library and e-learning resources.
- A bespoke VLE designed to meet the needs of sixth form colleges and supported by a learning analytics team
- Access to a broader range of courses than currently on offer including HE courses
- A University accredited Skill Passport
- A programme of mentoring and coaching from University students and staff
- Supported Student voice Framework development
- Increased access to employers and work related opportunities
Interested in finding out more?
If you are a sixth form college that is interested in finding out more about Better Futures Multi-Academy Trust then please get in touch.
+44 (0)7986 601 755
Shared service advantages
The University Group also offers some significant advantages in shared service provision. These include, marketing, finance, planning, human resources, IT, library provision, bid writing expertise, staff development, research opportunities and legal services and governance.
Become a leader
BFMAT has been formed in such a way as to facilitate the Sixth Form Colleges to lead a group of secondary schools that they see as feeders into their provision. The Governance structure being multi-layered with an appropriate scheme of delegation from the trust board.
Coventry University has developed ongoing relationships with local stakeholders in the Midlands, London and in North Yorkshire & Humber, as well as in many overseas territories, to ensure that the provision meets local, regional and national aspirations and employer needs. Through the development of BFMAT, a focussed curriculum will utilise the knowledge gained from its relationship with local employers, so that young people are in a position to make undergraduate choices that match future jobs.
Financial and other Benefits
- A high degree of autonomy for local governing boards recognising the maturity and quality of governance within the SFC sector.
- Economies of scale utilising the procurement power of Coventry University.
- Access to a wide range of expert professional services offered by the university.
- A unique sponsor offer of an annual contribution to the running of the central MAT team and services of £400,000.
- A low 3% top slice used on the basis of SLAs for chosen central services depending on the needs and potential savings to be made for each college.
- Use of the University brand in joint marketing campaigns can help recruit and retain students and staff.
- Embedding of student leadership within the college facilitated by a BFMAT Director of Student Leadership.
- Development of an Initial Teacher Training offer through Coventry University.
We are aware that each college has a particular set of needs and challenges and as a result the offer from the MAT to each college will be individualised to meet those needs. Should you wish to discuss the project further, please contact us.