Training, Accreditation and Professional Development in Metrology
With presentations from industrial partners and the Institute of Measurement and Control, join the Midlands Centre for Data Driven Metrology (MCDDM) on Thursday 15th April at 2pm to help shape the new developments and initiatives in metrology training provision and management.
This session will cover interest from basic metrology understanding for all those involved in manufacturing and engineering, through to in-depth expert knowledge with doctorate level study and senior metrology leadership. This session is not exclusively for metrologists, it is for anyone who measures or uses measurement within their business.
This session will include breakout rooms and feedback sessions for wide discussion between attendees across industry and academia. We would also welcome input through our pre-event questionnaire, where you can provide your opinions on the current and future state of metrology training.
- 14:00 Open and Welcome
- 14:10 Training, Accreditation and Professional development for Metrology Engineers and Researchers - Professor Trevor Toman, Institute for Future Transport and Cities
- 14:20 Insight from The Institute of Measurement and Control - Stephanie Smith
- 14:30 Measurement Training, a Rolls Royce perspective - Dr Phil Bamforth
- 14:45 Question and Answer session
- 15:15 Breakout rooms and open discussion
- 16:00 Close
About the MCDDM
The Midlands Centre for Data Driven Metrology (MCDDM) was founded by the University of Nottingham, Loughborough University and Coventry University to support and develop the region’s manufacturing businesses by helping them to adopt digital manufacturing technologies and strategies (part of the so-called “Industry 4.0”) in their operations.