Why Study at AME?
AME offers a blend of innovative activity-led teaching, product development and research to create a unique learning environment for up to 38 students every year.
All of this is delivered on ‘live’ manufacturing projects by world class industry professionals and the brightest academic minds and professors.
The UK’s first ‘Faculty on the Floor’ learning experience is open to both domestic and international undergraduates and postgraduates.
You will study in a dedicated manufacturing hub, filled with £8m of state-of-the-art equipment, testing your skills on world class processes and playing an important role in bringing new sustainable technologies to a global marketplace.
Why you should consider the AME opportunity
Students will work towards either BEng, MEng (Hons) or MSc in Manufacturing Engineering over three, four or a one-year period respectively, with the opportunity to apply for industry internships, company placements and possible employment opportunities with Unipart Manufacturing Group and the wider supply chain.
Away from the factory floor, students will enjoy all the opportunities and rich social life that comes from studying at Coventry University.
Studying with AME, you can:
- Have the opportunity to gain BEng/MEng/MSc Degree level qualifications in engineering and manufacturing
- Access training on industry-leading machinery, including 3D printing, ABB Robotics, PLC systems, digital manufacturing machinery, multi-axis robotic welding, CNC machines and world class metrology and metallurgy labs
- Work with experienced industry, research professionals and top professors on ‘live’ shop floor projects
- Explore lean manufacturing processes and verification tools, such as 5S, Six Sigma and value stream mapping
- Get involved in ambitious research projects on next generation powertrain technologies for companies such as Aston Martin, Jaguar Land Rover and Ford Motor Company