Teaching and Skills
More than 30 undergraduates and postgraduates start their learning experiences with us every year.
Students are working towards either BEng, MEng (Hons) or MSc over a three, four or one-year period respectively, with the opportunity to apply for industry internships, company placements and possible employment at a host of other OEMs and SMEs.
Both the Manufacturing Engineering MEng/BEng and Production Engineering and Operations Management MSc courses are fully accredited by The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) on behalf of the Engineering Council. Please see individual course pages below for further information.
To reinforce the quality of our BEng and MEng Manufacturing Degree, it received 100% student satisfaction in the 2020 National Student Survey (NSS).
Studying with AME, you will be offered the unique opportunity to:
- Learn the science and technology essential for today’s professional engineers
- Learn how to solve design and manufacturing problems
- Learn practical advanced manufacturing skills, such as robotics, automation and control technology
- Use cutting-edge software to model, analyse and validate processes and systems
- Investigate new processes using laboratory, workshop and computer-based technologies
- Adopt new digital manufacturing techniques to futureproof your development
- Understand the importance of an ethical approach to work by protecting the best interests of life and the environment
All of this will be taught using the ‘Faculty on the Factory Floor’ approach of applying theory on to the live shop floor manufacturing projects at Unipart Manufacturing or other partner businesses.