The Marketing and Advertising Summer School will introduce you to the fundamental theoretical concepts that underpin the marketing and advertising functions, including the role of consumer behaviour, analysing the environment; understanding customers, applying the marketing mix, the promotional mix, and advertising. The Summer School builds a collection of skills required to apply these fundamental concepts to case studies and other scenarios in order to produce basic marketing and promotion solutions.
You will be provided with an integrated approach to the understanding of the key operational aspects of marketing and advertising. Seminars and workshops will form the basis of teaching and learning. They will be used to present key material and to provide opportunities for you to explore and discuss the concepts. Seminars will facilitate your understanding of how theoretical frameworks relate to practice as well as incorporating the use of case study material, presentations and student-led sessions.
The learning outcomes of the course are to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the foundations of Marketing, and an understanding of the fundamental Marketing philosophy
- Show an understanding of the nature of, and the main influences on, consumer behaviour
- Demonstrate the impact of the marketing environment on marketing decisions
- Understand and apply the main concepts and methods of the marketing mix, market segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Evaluate promotional strategies, particularly the role of advertising
Please note: The prices listed relate only to applications made directly to the University and that the fees for applications made via agents or other third parties may be higher.
You must be studying at levels 4 or 5, with an interest in, and a basic knowledge of, marketing and advertising. You must be aged 16 and above. As the programme is delivered in English, you will need a good level of English speaking, reading and writing skills.
Please note we are unable to provide flights or visas. You will be responsible for ensuring that these arrangements are made before the course starts.
Due to changes in visa requirements, visas may take slightly longer than anticipated so ensure that sufficient time is allowed to apply. Visa advice can be obtained through the UK government website.