Dr. Wang’s research covers energy-efficient building, Passive House technologies, Smart Home, built environment, and automation control engineering. Specific projects include optimization of HVAC system, waste heat recovery, and building performance modelling and monitoring. He received the PhD degree (2015) in Building Services Engineering and Passive House Technologies at Technical University of Munich, Germany. Subsequently, he has worked at the ZAE Bayern as the Research Scientist and Project Scientist.
Dr. Wang is the regular reviewer of several international archival journals, including Applied Energy (Elsevier), Energy and Buildings (Elsevier), Building and Environment (Elsevier), and Air Quality, Atmosphere & Health (Springer) etc. He has served as a member on the editorial board of the Energy Research Journal, US. His activities since 2009 have materialized in over 20 papers in international archival and regional academic journals and conference proceedings.
His current project at Coventry University is Active-LIVing Envelopes (ALIVE) from EPSRC. His teaching interests include Thermal Comfort, Ventilation, Occupant Behaviour, Building Performance Simulation and Monitoring, Sensor Technology and Measurement Systems, and Building Automation and Control Engineering.
- Wang, Y., Kuckelkorn, J., Zhao, F.Y., and Kirschbaum, A. (2015) ‘Evaluation on classroom thermal comfort and energy performance of passive school building by optimizing HVAC control systems’. Building and Environment 89, 86-106.
- Wang, Y., Kuckelkorn, J., Zhao, F.Y., and Li, X.H. (2015) ‘Indoor air environment and night cooling energy efficiency of a southern German passive public school building operated by heat recovery air conditioning unit’. Energy and Buildings 81, 9-17.
- Wang, Y., Zhao, F.Y., Kuckelkorn, J., Spliethoff, H., and Rank, E. (2014) ‘School building energy performance and classroom air environment implemented with the heat recovery heat pump and displacement ventilation system’. Applied Energy 114, 58-68.
- Wang, Y., Zhao, F.Y., Kuckelkorn, J., Liu, D., Liu, L.Q., and Pan, X.C. (2014) ‘Cooling energy efficiency and classroom air environment of a school building operated by the heat recovery air conditioning unit’. Energy 64, 991-1001.
- Wang, Y., Kuckelkorn, J., Zhao, F.Y., Liu, D., Liu, J., and Zhang, J.L. (2014) ‘Classroom energy efficiency and air environment with displacement natural ventilation in a passive public school building’. Energy and Buildings 70, 258-270.
- Active-LIVing Envelopes (ALIVE), EPSRC
- FOS/BOS New School Building Project with Passive House Standard, German Federal Environment Foundation (DBU AZ 26170/02-25)
- Diedorf Public School Building Project with Plus-Energy Standard, German Federal Environment Foundation (DBU AZ 29892/02-25)
- Energy Storage Lab Project, ZAE Bayern and PTJ (Projekttraeger Juelich)
- Future Building Project: Built Environment Prediction in Highly Energy-Efficient Buildings with Functional Green Plant Walls, German Federal Institute for Research on Building, Urban Affair and Spatial Development (BBSR)