Impact Summit: Challenges, Issues and Priorities
This Impact Summit hosted by Coventry University brings together internationally renowned impact specialists to discuss and debate the place of research impact within the knowledge economy and the challenges and opportunities it poses for researchers.
Aimed at all research active staff and those who support impact within Higher Education Institutions, this event provides an opportunity to take a critical stance on research impact and share best practice.
Through a series of interactive workshops, panel discussions, and presentations, this event will help delegates develop new ways to plan, deliver, and evidence impact, as well as to improve the quality of their impact and attain meaningful benefits from their research.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this Impact Summit is to provide delegates with a thorough understanding and grounding in the many aspects of impact, and share a range of techniques with them, that they can incorporate into their day-to-day research activities. Through attending the conference delegates will:
- Understand how to improve the impact of their own work
- Become aware of techniques, and tried and tested practices
- Consider how to translate learning into their own practice to deliver stronger impact
- Be able to share experience and expertise with other delegates attending the conference.
- Maddalaine Ansell - University Alliance - Key Note
- Eleonora Belfiore - Professor of Communication and Media, Department of Social Sciences, University of Loughborough
- Paul Manners - Director of the new National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE)
- Wilfred Mijnhardt - Policy Director RSM at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Rotterdam
- Dr Muriel E Swijghuisen Reigersberg - Research Development and Policy Manager, Goldsmiths University
- Phil Ward - Deputy Director of Research Services, University of Kent
- Abigail Williams - Knowledge Exchange Champion, University of Oxford
Standard delegate rate - £85
Student fee: 15% off - £72.25
Earlybird discount: 20% off when booking your tickets on or before 31st March 2016.
Travel and Venue
Coventry University Techno Centre is accessible from the Ring Road and extensive parking is available on site.