Join us for this conference that will draw together Refugees, Asylum Seekers, Activists, Academics, Practitioners and Policy-makers to hear the results of recent research into the wellbeing and mental health of those seeking Asylum in Coventry and across Europe.
During the day you will:
Hear experiences | Share stories | Discuss research findings
Debate implications | Encourage conversations | Create policy
Journey with refugees towards wellbeing, justice and resilience
Our speakers will include:
• Prof. Jamie Hacker-Hughes Vice President, British Psychological Society
• Dr. Anne Douglas - Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Honorary Secretary BPS Crisis, Disaster & Trauma Section
• Suzanne Brown, Trainee Clinical Psychologist at CW NHS Foundation Trust
• Dr. Helen Liebling, Senior Lecturer-Practitioner in Clinical Psychology, Centre for Research in Psychology, Behaviour and Achievement, Coventry University
• Dr. Simon Goodman, Research Fellow, Centre for research in Psychology, Behaviour and Achievement, Coventry University
• Dr. Simon McMahon, Research Fellow, Centre for Trust, Peace and Social Relations, Coventry University
• Prof. Ute-Christine Klehe, Occupational Psychologist, University of Giessen
• Jonathan Ellis, Head of Policy, Research and Advocacy, British Red Cross
Organised by a partnership of City of Sanctuary, Coventry University, Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Partnership Trust (CWPT), Coventry Refugee and Migrant Centre (CRMC) and The British Psychological Society (BPS).
There is a £10 charge for those in waged employment to attend the conference and no charge for those who are unwaged or students. This charge will cover the event and catering costs that will be incurred and, although no excess funds are anticipated, if any funds remain after this disbursement they will be donated to the Coventry Destitution Fund.
To book your place, please visit www.eventsforce.net/cu/3440/register or for more information and to book your place please contact Charlotte Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have 10 free places available for staff from Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust, if you would like to take up one of these places please contact email@example.com