I am a thermal design engineer after gaining my PhD degree in boiling heat transfer in 2011. I joined several research projects including adsorption cooling systems for Weatherite Air Conditioning Limited 2012-2014 with KTP project, and Stirling engines research program at university of Birmingham 2014-2015. I’ve carried out several consultation projects including development of thermosyphon performance software tool for Sterling Thermal Technology 2010-2011, enhanced coated condensers for Alkemy 2009-2010. I’m currently working at Coventry University on thermal analysis and acoustic performance of exhaust systems. My research is published in peer reviewed international journals, conferences and book chapters.
- PhD Mechanical Engineering, University of Birmingham, 2011.
- Msc Mechanical Engineering, Alexandria University (Egypt), 2006.
- Bsc Mechanical Engineering, Alexandria University (Egypt), 2003.
Thermal design simulation has a vital role in our daily life and extends to heat exchanger design, automotive exhaust systems, air comfort in building designs. Novel thermal designs and optimizing of thermal systems afford a lot of money savings by decreasing running costs and having better performance of the thermal equipment. My research interest extends to Computational fluid dynamics, exhaust systems, multi-phase flow, dynamic analysis of thermal systems and renewable energy technologies such as Stirling engines and adsorption cooling, heat pipes, photovoltaics, energy storage.
Recent outputs and publications
- Elsayed, E., Al-dadah, R., Mahmoud, S., Elsayed, A., and Anderson, P. (2016) ‘Aluminium fumarate and CPO-27(Ni) MOFs: Characterization and Thermodynamic Analysis for Adsorption Heat Pump Applications’. Applied thermal Engineering [forthcoming]
- Dakkma, H., Elsayed, A., Al-dadah, R., and Mahmoud, S. (2016) ‘Integrated Evaporator-Condenser Cascading Adsorption Low Temperature Cooling System Using Different Working Pairs’. Applied Energy [forthcoming]
- Elsayed, A., AL-Dadah, R.K., Mahmoud, S., and Kaialy, W. (2015) ‘Investigation of activated carbon/Ethanol for low temperature adsorption cooling’. International Journal of Green Energy [in press].
- Elsayed, A., Al-dadah, R.K., Mahmoud, S., and Rezk, A. (2015) ‘Numerical investigation of turbulent flow heat transfer and pressure drop of AL2O3/water nanofluid in helically coiled tubes’. International journal of Low-Carbon Technologies 10 (3), 275-282.
- Elsayed, A., Embaye, M., Al-Dadah, R, Mahmoud, S., and Rezk, A. (2013) ‘Thermodynamic performance of Kalina cycle system 11 (KCS11): feasibility of using alternative zeotropic mixtures’. International journal of Low-Carbon Technologies 8 (S1), i69-i78.