Senior Lecturer in Accounting
Building: William Morris Building
- 2011: Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- M.B.A., University of Birmingham
- B.Sc (Hons), Economics, University of Salford
Professional Licences and Certifications:
- 1990 - present, Chartered Certified Accountant, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA)
- McCosker, P., and Woods, K. (2007) 'A review of IAS 33 – Earnings per share parts 1 and 2'. Pass Magazine
- McCosker, P. (2005) UK cinema – Twenty years after its arrival, how the multiplex brought audiences back to the cinema.
- McCosker, P. (2004) Manchester United – The transformation of a football club into a global brand.
- McCosker, P. (2003) easyJet – The spectacular growth of low cost airlines.
- McCosker, P. (2002) 'Stretching the brand - A review of the Virgin Group' Reproduced'. In Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalisation. Ed. by Hitt, M.A., Hoskisson, R.E., and Ireland, R.D.
- McCosker, P. (2001) 'Stretching the brand - A review of the Virgin Group'. In Exploring Corporate Strategy: Text and Cases.Ed. by Johnson, G., and Scholes, K.
- McCosker, P. (2001) 'A review of ratio analysis: How the calculation of a few simple ratios can greatly improve our understanding of a business and its financial performance (parts 1 and 2)'. CIMA Insider
- McCosker, P. (2000) 'The effective management of Working Capital'. CIMA Management Accounting Magazine
- McCosker, P. (2000) 'The Importance of Working Capital'. ACCA Student Accountant
- McCosker, P. (2000) The Multiplex cinema and its impact upon UK cinema admissions.
- McCosker, P. (1999) 'Adjustments to final accounts'. ACCA Student Accountant
- McCosker, P. (1998) 'Making more sense of financial accounts through the use of ratio analysis'. CIMA Management Accounting Magazine
- McCosker, P. (1996) 'The financial evaluation of capital projects'. ACCA Student Accountant
Selected Professional Activities:
- 2010-pres: External Examiner (Accounting and Business undergraduate modules) University of Worcester
- Module leader: 385ACC Advanced Study in Accounting and Finance
- Module leader: 380ACC International Corporate Reporting
- Module leader: 280ACC Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Module leader: M17EFA Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation
- Supervision of BA, MSc and MBA dissertations
- Course Director: BA Accountancy