I am a Senior Lecturer at the International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship (ICTE). I have worked on many projects in areas of strategy, growth and policy development, and telecommunications engineering. I am a reviewer for the Telecommunications Policy Journal, The Electronic Journal of Business Research Methods and The International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Research. I’m a Chartered Engineer and Consultant to The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) and the International Telecommunications Union.
I’ve provided strategic enterprise and regulatory advice to many governments and regulatory organisations. Recently, I worked on the ‘Delta Beyond Oil’ initiative by enhancing the strategic capabilities of Senior Staff at Internal Revenue, Delta State Nigeria. I have also provided complete economic and technological valuations, pricing and strategies to accommodate future wireless communication technologies (3G and 4G) to the Kingdom of Thailand in collaboration with Chalmers University (Prof Erik Bohlin) and Prof Martin Cave. I have also worked as consultant to the International Telecommunications Union on Telecom Taxation and Vodafone on Broadband development.
I joined Coventry University in 2013. Prior to this, I worked at the University of Warwick, Regents University of London and the National Advanced School of Posts and Telecoms of Cameroon.
- PhD, University of Warwick Business School, 2009
- MSc in Operational Telecoms Management from the School of Engineering and Computing, Coventry University, 2004
- MEng in Telecoms Engineering Management, ENSPT Yaoundé, 2001
- Analytical Sciences BSc, 1994
My main research interests are in the broad areas of Strategic Entrepreneurship, multinational businesses, Public Policy development and Multivariate Research Methods. I draw from strategic management theories, information technology, entrepreneurship, growth economics, philosophy and innovation in the pursuit of these interests.
Recent outputs and publications
- Mfuh, W. (2013) ‘Investigating the moderating impact of national entrepreneurial environment on international brand extension of multi-national companies’. [under review]
- Mfuh, W. (2012) ‘Modelling micro-business performance: the impact of mobile telephony services’. Rent XXIV Conference/Workshop – Research In Entrepreneurship And Small Business. Held 18-19 November 2015 in Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Cave, M., and Mfuh, W. (2011) Rethinking mobile regulation for the data age. Making Broadband Accessible for all. The Policy Paper Series; Number 12. Vodafone Group Plc, 41-48.
- Cave, M., and Mfuh, W. (2011) ‘Taxation Strategy for the Global Telecommunication Industry’. 11th Global Symposium for Regulators (GSR11) and 4th Global Industry Leaders’ Forum (GILF). Held 19-23 September 2011 in Armenia, Columbia.
- Dickinson, S., Turner, R., Chapman, R., Mfuh, W., and Newman, I. (2010) Report on the 2009 Survey of all English Local Area Agreements; Long-term evaluation of local area agreements and local strategic partnerships. Department for Communities and Local Government.
- Mfuh, W. (2009) ‘Mobile Telephony: the market and drivers, the case of Afghanistan’. Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Regents College, 2011: To investigate the international performance strategy of Multi-national telecommunications firms.
- International Telecommunications Union (ITU), Geneva, 2011: with Pr. Martin Cave to investigate current telecom tax systems/structures in emerging and developing economies and their potential impact on the uptake and use of services.
- The Government of Thailand in Collaboration with University of Warwick & the Chalmers University of Technology (2009-2012): To investigate and develop mobile valuation, pricing & spectrum engineering techniques/strategies for the National Telecoms Commission of Thailand with Pr. Martin Cave and Pr. Erik Bohlin
- The University of Warwick (2006 -2009): PhD studentship
- Commonwealth and British Council: MSc. Scholarship
- The government of Cameroon: BSc. Scholarship