Senior Research Fellow
International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship (ICTE)
Faculty of Business and Law
I am an active researcher and his principal research interests are in the field of technology management especially, in understanding transformation achieved through technology based entrepreneurial activities. Additionally, I am also interested in strategic entrepreneurship, with a focus on technology and web based innovations. I've been published in national and international journals and has authored books and book chapters. I have international experience as a PhD examiner with examinations in India, Middle East and UK and experience of PhD s completions and is seeking applications for doctoral candidates in the areas of digital entrepreneurship, Innovation and Small Business Management.
I am reviewer for journals, including Journal for Entrepreneurial behaviour and Research and has organised conferences and workshops on entrepreneurship and digital enterprises. Prior to joining Coventry, I worked for five years for the Sheffield Business School at Sheffield Hallam University where I taught numerous UG and PG classes.
- PhD from Glasgow Caledonian University
- MBA in Information Management from University of Hull.
- I am a fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Recent outputs and publications
- Sukumar, A., (2014), Reciprocity and Resilience: Teaching and learning sustainable social enterprise through gaming, Journal of Organisational Transformation and Social Change, Vo. 12 (1), pp. 42-56. (with Dobson, S., Ridley-Duff, R., Roast, C and Abel, B.,)
- Sukumar, A., (2014), 'Risky Business': Perceptions of e-business Risk by UK Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs), International Journal of Information Management, (With Meyer, M., Grant. K., and Edgar, D., Vol. 34 (2), pp: 99-122)
- Sukumar, A., Applied Business Analysis, eBook, Ventus Publishing: Denmark, (With Revill, J and Tipi, L, 2016)
- Sukumar, A., Memes and Civic Self-Organization: Building and Sustaining Civic empowerment through Internet in Devisch, O and Poplin, A., (ed) Physical-Virtual Spaces and their Interactions Understanding the convergence of physical and virtual spaces, the changing use, conventions and perception of space and place, and its effect on spatial planning and architecture: Ashgate Publishing (with Dobson, S, forthcoming, 2017)
- Sukumar, A., (2015), Dark Matters: the institutional entrepreneurship of illicit cyberspace and cyber-crime in McElwee, G., and Smith, R., (ed) Contemporary issues in Entrepreneurship Research Volume V Exploring Criminal and Illegal Enterprise: New perspectives on research, policy and practice: Emerald Publishing (with Dobson, S., and Tipi, L)
- Sukumar, A., (2016), Nascent Entrepreneurs and Internet Based Crowd Funding: An examination of barriers in practice, Institute of Small Business and Entrepreneurship Conference (ISBE), October 2016, Paris (with Green, E)
- Sukumar, A., (2016), Information Governance, Information Risk and KPIs- Towards Maturity Model PMA Conference 2016 - Performance Measurement and Management: New Theories for New Practices, Edinburgh, June 2016, (with O'Brien and Helfert, M)