Staff Conference & Excellence Awards
The theme of this year's annual Staff Conference is Achievement, Equality and Diversity. The Conference takes place on 22nd June and 23rd June 2017. This year’s conference will be an all staff conference for Professional Services and Academic staff across the University Group, being inclusive of all partners, including international.
Contribute to the Conference
Submissions for the Staff Conference sessions are now invited which address the overarching theme of ‘Achievement, Equality and Diversity’ and one of the following sub-themes:
- Supporting the equalisation of opportunity and achievement, celebrating diversity.
- Best Practice Showcases demonstrating ‘Achievement, Equality & Diversity’ across all aspects of University life and activities including Teaching & Learning, Research, Internationalisation, Enterprise and Professional Services Support.
- Assessment for Achievement, Equality & Diversity.
- Technology innovations.
- Building communities, local and global.
Submissions are invited for the following:
- Sharing practice sessions (20 or 40 minutes) - Short, practitioner-led sessions to disseminate or share methods, tools and techniques.
- Workshops (40 or 60 minutes) - Longer activity-led sessions offering development opportunities.
- Panel discussions (60 minutes) - Sessions offering discussion and debate around the conference themes.
- Briefing sessions (20 or 40 minutes) – Sessions providing opportunities for briefings around key issues and policies.
- Performance based activities (40 or 60 minute sessions) - Sessions to share achievements, successes and plans around the conference themes.
Guidelines for Conference Session Submission
The deadline for submission proposals is Friday 12th May 2017. Please use the online submission form.
Session Proposals should include:
- Contact Person (contact for all conference communications).
- Email address of Contact Person.
- Contributors - Names of all presenters in order required for programme.
- Title of submission.
- Abstract (no more than 250 words).
- Conference sub-theme addressed.
- Category of session.
- Requirements (AV, technology, room type, maximum number of participants etc).
- Availability to run session on Thursday, Friday or both.
Acceptance of submissions will be confirmed by the end of May.
There will be an exhibition area where Research Centres, Schools and Professional Services may book an exhibition space to demonstrate how they support Achievement, Equality & Diversity. To request a place at the Exhibition please use the online form.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions and Further Information
If you have any questions or require further information on the awards, please email the conference administrator at email@example.com.