Welcome to the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences - home to the largest selection of forward thinking vocational health and social care courses in the Midlands.
It’s no surprise our courses in Biosciences and Nursing and Midwifery feature in the Guardian League Table’s top 20, and Physiotherapy is 16th in the Complete University Guide.
Schools within our Faculty include:
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Psychological, Social and Behavioural Sciences
Not content just with local impact, you will have access to our worldwide links with universities and institutions, currently with active collaborations in China, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and Turkey.
With over 6000 students enrolled in the faculty, we make extensive use of innovative approaches to teaching and learning including podcasting, interactive online discussion, and the use of mobile technologies.
Our dedication is demonstrated through our £60 million investment plan. The new Science and Health Building, due to open to students in early 2017, will provide state-of-the-art facilities for hospital simulation, rehabilitation, clinical skills training, sport and exercise environments. The building will also include a Biosciences super-lab and a range of life sciences research facilities
Our research projects inform real-world issues, as we aim to provide high quality applied research and training that influences policy, industry and individuals.
Why study at Coventry?
Join the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences...
Our students are provided with training they can use in real-life situations at every stage of their educational journey, from theory to placements and beyond.
Our current facilities include:
- A real ambulance, which students are able to use as part of their studies.
- Our very own crime scene room, to investigate a variety of criminal evidence, complete with fingerprinting equipment.
- A purpose-built Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre, which allows for improved quality in patient care and patient safety.
- A mock operating theatre, including scrub sinks and theatre lights, and a mock hospital ward so we can study a complete patient pathway.
- Specific laboratory areas for Psychology; Physiotherapy; Biological Sciences; Sport and Exercise Sciences.
Our commitment to employability sets us aside from other universities. Recent results show an impressive 94% of our graduates gained employment or continued to further study following their time with us.
Our well established Employment and Placement Unit (EPU) enables students to find vocationally relevant work experience, industrial placements, volunteer roles, part-time work and graduate employment.
We have strong partnerships with employers in multiple sectors including NHS Trusts, scientific industries, charities and health and social care sectors, and we run numerous employer recruitment events on campus and course-related sessions.