We have more than 1,000 volunteers, both students and staff, who take part in community projects all year long. Some examples include:
- Visiting schools to support local children with English, mathematics and sport.
- Working in local streets to improve the area, from litter picking to giving security advice with the Street Warden scheme.
- Working with older people in libraries to improve their computing and digital skills with the Gen-to-Gen project.
- Holding regular Computing, Design and Engineering sessions to inspire and upskill children and adults of all areas in Fab Lab Coventry.
- Our researchers work with local groups to tackle issues, solve problems and build relationships that help local communities and the University.
Wining the City of Culture 2021 bid could give us opportunities to help those in need even more.