To support you in your journey to joining us at Coventry University, we are pleased to offer English Language Tests for applicants to Coventry University degree programmes.
You can book to take a Coventry University English Language test if you:
- Hold a conditional offer for study at Coventry University, Coventry University London Campus, or Coventry University College from the International Office.
- Hold a valid IELTS certificate with a minimum of 5.0 in each component or equivalent English certificate, and an overall score of 6.0 if taking a postgraduate course; or an overall score of 5.5 if taking an undergraduate course.
- Have NOT recently taken the Coventry University English Language test.
- Have NOT recently undertaken a pre-sessional English course at Coventry University
About the test
Similar to IELTS, the test assesses all 4 components: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. It will take up to 4 hours to complete:
- Listening (20 mins) - you will be given three recordings to listen to. You must then answer questions related to these recordings.
- Reading (60 mins) - you will be given three pieces of text to read. You must then answer questions relating to each text.
- Writing (60 mins) - you will be given two essay titles for which you will need to write an essay on the subject area.
- Speaking (10 mins) - you will have a short interview with the examiner where you will be asked questions on a variety of subjects.
Each test is timed and conducted in exam conditions
You will need to bring the following documents to the test:
- Proof of your identity (passport or national identity card) at registration. You must bring the same identity document on the test day as the one recorded on your Online booking Form. If you do not do this you will not be allowed to take the test and you will not be eligible for a refund or transfer.
- A photocopy of your ID (passport or national identity card)
- Your original, valid IELTS certificate
- A copy of your IELTS certificate
- Your conditional offer letter from Coventry University
You will be contacted with the results of your test within 2 weeks. We will tell you if you have met the entry criteria or not. We will not provide a breakdown of your results. Results are not transferable to any other Institution; they are only valid for study at Coventry University, Coventry University London Campus and Coventry University College.
If you wish to discuss your suitability for the test or to find out more information, please contact us.
Call +44 (0) 2476 652152 or e-mail email@example.com