ISTP GRADUATE STUDENT TRAVEL AWARD APPLICATION
June 26-30th, 2015
The International Society for Theoretical Psychology (ISTP) will award up to 5 stipends in the amount of £300.00 to graduate students for travel to the ISTP conference in Coventry, United Kingdom, June 26-30, 2015.
1. Applicants must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program with an emphasis in psychology. They must be graduate students at the time of the convention. Work that was completed while an individual was a graduate student but would be presented post-graduation is not eligible.
2. Applicants must be paid ISTP members. If an individual is not already a member, he or she may join when submitting the travel award application.
3. Applicants must have a paper accepted by the 2015 ISTP program committee. (Notifications of acceptance will be sent by the Program Committee in early 2015)
4. Applications must be the first or sole author of the accepted conference paper.
Travel awards will cover conference-related expenses up to a maximum of £300, including transportation, lodging, food, and conference registration. Award payments will be made only in the form of post-conference reimbursement for documented expenses. Applicants must submit all of their receipts the Secretary/Treasurer of ISTP for reimbursement.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
To be considered for a travel award, submit the following:
1. A completed application form (Download the form here).
2. An academic vita or résumé.
3. A one-page statement describing your research interests, career goals, rationale for applying (e.g., how you would benefit from the award) and details of any additional support or funding available or applied for to attend the conference.
4. A copy of your title and abstract.
Please submit the application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2015. Please address inquiries to Gavin Sullivan email@example.com.
Decision Process and Notification:
Award decisions will be based on the excellence of the submitted conference abstract and on the strength of the applicant’s scholarly record as judged by the 2015 Student Travel Award Committee.
ISTP will notify applicants of the award decisions by May 7, 2015. Award winners must accept or decline their award within 48 hours of notification. Award winners are required to submit (via email) a short biographical sketch no later than one week after the notification of the award. The award letter will contain complete details on how to document conference expenses.