Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
Uni@Work Higher and Degree Apprenticeships allow you to:
- Earn a full-time wage and study for higher level qualifications at the same time
- Gain qualifications from Level 4 to Foundation Degree, Honours Degree and Master’s Degree, awarded by Coventry University
- Gain professional, as well as academic qualifications
What funding is available?
- There is no cost to the apprentice.
- From April 2017, apprenticeships will be funded through the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Employers paying the Levy can claim back their payment to fund apprenticeships
- All employers can receive up to 90% funding towards the cost of training and assessment of apprenticeships
What are the benefits for employers?
- Target specific skills gaps
- Attract and retain good quality staff
- Fresh perspective and up-to-date knowledge and skills
- Learning tailored to YOUR organisation’s culture and business needs
- Develop existing staff, who provide mentoring and support
What do Higher and Degree apprentices gain?
- A degree awarded by Coventry University
- No student loan needed – so no debt
- Apply your new knowledge and skills to your job
- Get a professional qualification as well as your degree
What is the employer’s commitment?
To work in partnership with Uni@Work to:
- Develop a programme tailored to the needs of their organisation
- Provide a suitable working environment and facilities for support and development of higher apprenticeships
- Allow at least 20% of an apprentice’s time for off-the-job training (which can be in the workplace)
What Higher and Degree Apprenticeships does Uni@Work offer?
- Management & Leadership
- Digital & Technology Solutions
- Cyber Security
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Project Management
More programmes in a range of subjects are currently being developed.