CU Coventry Careers & Employability Service is a single point of access that allows students, academics, career staff and employers to successfully connect and work in partnership. We are committed to working closely with employers to help build successful relationships between employers and CUC students and build a strong workforce that is beneficial to the local region, UK and countries worldwide. Please see details below of our career based services that will not only allow your organisation to raise their company profile but recruit our students.
Advertise your vacancies placements and employment opportunities
We offer a careers based service that will allow your organisation to successfully recruit CUC students through a variety of channels and raise your company profile. We are a team of experienced careers professionals who can tailor any recruitment campaign to your individual requirements. Careers & Employability will advertise your vacancies, prescreen and shortlist allowing us to take the burden of your recruitment. With the wealth of talent from CU Coventry it allows us to take the burden of your recruitment and seamlessly provide you with the highest quality well matched candidates for employment, internships and placement opportunities beneficial to your business. This is a free high quality service for all employers, agencies and organisations who are seeking candidates for all level positions.
Employer Led Talks (ELT)
Why not increase brand awareness and raise your company profile by meeting the future work force and by gaining a better understanding of the graduate market.
ELT usually last about an hour and this can consists of:
- Employer presentation – Provide an opportunity to find out what it’s like working for a top company and give an insight into the different roles available within your sector.
- Interview session - showcase any employment and placements opportunities available within your company and interview potential candidates.
- Employability skills workshop - Provide students with advice and guidance, by completing a Employability workshop relating to your sector. We work closely with student unions, student societies, events and the academic departments and can effectively promote your company that will allow you to create a presence on campus and attract students to your organisation.
As a mentor you will lead and guide a student. You will need to be someone who can develop or progress a young person with the skills needed to further their education or to support them to enter the working world. However, true mentoring is more than just answering occasional questions or providing ad hoc help. It is about ongoing relationship of learning, dialogue and challenge. Mentors should aim to visit their mentee at least 4 times a year.
The benefits of being a mentor include
- Development of leadership and management qualities
- Reinforcing your own study skills and knowledge of your own subject
- Engage in a volunteering opportunity valued by employees
- CV enhancement
- Benefit from a sense of fulfilment and personal growth
- Career Development
- Receiving fresh ideas from the future work force
One of the benefits of becoming a mentor is that you may be able to gain CPD points (depending on the field you work in).