This course allows you to engage directly with companies in the event industry, allowing you to take your academic theory straight into the practical arena. To help you to become a successful event manager, we develop your skills in research, reasoned argument, decision-making, communication, teamwork and leadership.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- Links with the event industry via the department’s extensive contacts in the field, opportunities in the past have included associations with the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Ltd. (LOCOG) and the National Indoor Arena (NIA) in Birmingham and National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham;
- Experienced teaching staff who bring professional or research expertise into their teaching;
- Practical experience of working on event management projects through the department’s own commercial event company which is embedded in the department, and allows you to progress through each stage of an event, covering aspects such as the bidding process, design, costing, logistics, implementation and feedback with the client;
- Field visits and volunteer opportunities within the event industry that build your CV and let you apply your management theory;
- The opportunity to participate in international workshops and conferences. For example, our students have participated in workshops focusing on sport events at universities in Groningen and Cologne;
- Working in collaboration with Coventry University’s Students’ Union providing a range of events for clubs and societies, as well as being actively involved with the organisation and delivery of a number of key university events;
- Coventry Business School is currently a member of European Foundation of Management Development (EFMD) and the Association of UK Business Schools (ABS).
*Memberships shall be reviewed in accordance with the relevant body’s standard review process and subject to the University maintaining the same high standards of course delivery.