The Petroleum and Environmental Technology MSc degree course will broaden your expertise in the key areas of process, treatment, production, and production optimisation methods employed within the petroleum industry and produce oil and gas specialist with a strong environmental bias.
On successful completion of the programme, students will in addition to their degree certificate get and IOSH accredited health and safety certificate. The Petroleum and Environmental Technology MSc will equip graduates with the expertise required to confront the technological and environmental challenges confronting the oil and gas industry in the 21st century.
Indicative course content
A wide range of subjects are available giving you a multidisciplinary approach to the management of oil industry.
- Drilling and Production Technology;
- Reservoir Technology and Simulation;
- Oil and Gas Processing Technology;
- Water and Wastewater Treatment;
- HSE Management in the Oil and Gas Industry;
- Petroleum Contracts and Economics;
- Project/Company Internship.
Optional subjects (choose two)
- Project and Quality Management in the Energy Industry;
- Impacts of Petroleum Exploration Production and Transportation;
- Contaminated Land Management;
- Environmental and Energy Management;
- Renewable Energy;
- Environmental Monitoring.