The state-of-the-art Simulation Centre is one of only three of its type in the world – the only in the UK – and is the home of experiential learning at Coventry University.
The Centre enables individuals and teams to experience, practice, explore and take risks in safe environment. Working through situations, competencies and strengths we collaborate with you to identify and design real life experiences which provide a rapid learning experience, and through deep immersion change the behaviours, thinking and actions of people.
In this way, we create a melting pot which enables people to test, develop, apply and live their knowledge.
Our team consists of experts in simulation and development experiences, including:
- Diagnostic and design specialists
- Business psychologists
- Relevant sector practitioner experts
- Expert simulation actors
Organisations use the Simulation Centre to support all leadership and development – from leadership in complex and high-risk situations, to behavioural business process improvement, to health and safety scenario planning.
Whether managing a hospital ward, a building site, or even a country, the Centre can create a space as local or global as you need it to be.
Key benefits for your business
- The programme is bespoke to you and designed around your needs.
- The programme is designed to be work related, ensuring learning is focused on real-time issues, challenges and strategy.
- Your people are engaged to take responsibility for their own learning and performance.
- Learning is aligned to your objectives and critical issues.
- A common level of knowledge and approaches is created across your teams.
- Specific company scenarios allow a unique opportunity to develop the pressure cooker of work in a physically and culturally safe environment.
- Identification and development of return on investment.
Key benefits for your people
- A tailored experiential learning programme to suit delegates’ job roles and functions – assisting in knowledge transfer and offering opportunity for immediate application.
- Access to real-time coaching and feedback.
- The opportunity to learn in real-time, supporting the application and adoption of learning to enhance individual, team and organisational performance.
- Learning is speeded up.
- Delegates can assess their own performance objectively.
- The scenarios are repeatable and provide consistent results.
- The delegate can learn in a safe environment recognising individual, organisational and cultural requirements.
- Provides a step change in approach that has the potential to radically improve health and safety on site.
- Delegates can reflect on their strengths and areas for improvement.
- The coaching and mentoring instigates a change in behaviour.