Introducing The UK's First 'Faculty on the Factory Floor'
The Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME) is a collaboration between Coventry University and Unipart Manufacturing Group.
Part-funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE), it brings together the best in academia, industry and R&D in a ‘live’ manufacturing environment.
The Institute aims to:
- Develop industry-ready engineering graduates
- Research and develop innovative technology for automotive, aerospace, oil and gas, power generation and rail sectors
- Disseminate research and technologies for the benefit of Unipart, its suppliers and UK manufacturing
- Create new postgraduate learning opportunities and professional development courses for industry
- Drive economic growth by making the UK globally competitive
We are committed to arming UK industry with the skills, technologies and competitive advantage required to trade globally, creating jobs across the supply chain and generating real economic value to the UK.
Our courses aim to address the domestic skills shortage and the need for more graduate engineers that can enter industry and have an immediate impact.
All students will be provided with training in the Unipart best practice manufacturing methodology and given the opportunity to benefit from working with some of the most talented engineering professionals in the UK.
The majority of this learning will be carried out at AME’s 1700 sq ft manufacturing hub, which houses £3m of state-of-the-art robotic automation, forming, joining, analysis and simulation, metrology and product verification technology.
To find out more information please download our brochure here (PDF 2.5MB).